Friday, October 15, 2010

It occurred to me today that I need to put on my Laban lenses and go inside prisons and jails, that I need to tread where my clients have tread. I need to see where the lives culminate, and then originate. Jail is a pinnacle, a turning point, a destination, an expectation, something to always run from, something to always avoid, a part of their lives. There is a specific culture around it, and a specific way that the female body is dealt with. It isn't enough for me to be viewing homeless women, teenagers and addicts in the shelters, recovery programs or out on the street. Jail is also a trauma for some. I need to see what happens in there, in detail, as a movement therapist.

Now, how do I go about accomplishing this without getting myself arrested? HAHA! An adventure! I bet students do this all of the time.
Hmmmm.

Actually, I'm a little nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment